A range of training materials have been developed to support users of the client incident management system (CIMS).
Please note that some materials were created to support the implementation of the CIMS, and should be read with policy updates and related summary documents on the Client incident management system page for funded agencies.
Policy update 1-2020 (word) applies from 3 February 2020. Key changes include:
- extending the timeline for submission of major impact incident reports from within 24 hours of incident disclosure to within three business days of becoming aware of the incident
- replacing the monthly bulk submission of non-major impact incident reports with a requirement to submit reports individually within three business days of becoming aware of the incident
- removing the screening process for major impact incidents (follow-up actions are determined automatically)
- a requirement to submit case review outcomes to the department.
Updates will be progressively made to content to reflect changes.
Self-paced learning modules
Four self-paced learning modules to support service provider staff in their understanding of the CIMS policy have been developed.
Each module will take participants between 1 to 2 hours to complete. They include the learning objectives for participants, a number of self-checked learning activities and a participant feedback form.
CIMS IT user manuals
Two detailed CIMS IT user guides support service provider staff to use the CIMS IT have been developed.
- Client incident report webform user manual - CIMS (word) is designed to be used by service provider staff who are required to report and manage client incidents via the department-built CIMS IT.
- Client incident register user manual - CIMS (word) is a guide to support service provider staff using the CIMS IT client incident register to assess, approve and submit client incident information. In particular it provides information for the manager and Chief Executive Officer/ delegated authority roles.
Training environment incident report webform
The training incident report webform provides support to service provider staff in creating and submitting a client incident report. Please note that in the training environment:
- Users must select ‘Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS)' as the service provider organisation
- The function to ‘save and return to a draft incident report’ is not enabled.