The department's arrangements for the supply of goods and services in accordance with the policies of the Victorian Government Purchasing Board (VGPB). Includes the procurement activity plan (PAP).
General principles for tenders
These general principles apply when calling tenders. Clients must:
- Conduct tendering honestly and fairly to all parties by treating all parties in the same manner
- Comply with all statutory obligations, including trade practices and consumer affairs legislation
- Refrain from seeking or submitting tenders without an intention to proceed
- Have regard to the cost of bidding and seek to constrain such cost
- Apply the same conditions of tendering for each tenderer, avoiding any practice which gives one party an improper advantage over another
- Refrain from practices such as collusion on tenders
- Be prepared to attest to the probity of the process, including that related to issues concerning collusive practices and conflict of interest, by statutory declaration
- Produce tender documents that specify the principal’s requirements clearly to allow tenderer's to accurately price the works.
The department manages all its tenders and proposals via the Victorian Government Tenders System website.
For information on the department's Procurement policies and guidelines, Directives, Procurement activity plan over the forthcoming 12-18 months and the Complaints management process can be found on the Procurement policies on the Department of Families, Fairness and Housing website.