Men's sheds provide a place for people to get together, work on common projects and contribute to their community.
In response to coronavirus (COVID-19) men’s sheds across Victoria are operating in new ways.
All men’s sheds that are open must have a COVIDSafe plan, which includes the following:
- Ensuring physical distancing as required by the current directions
- Ensuring all participants are wearing a face mask if required by the current directions
- Practicing good hygiene
- Regular cleaning and disinfecting of surfaces and equipment. Provide disinfectant wipes or similar for members to wipe tools and machinery before and after use
- Keeping a record of who attends the men’s shed each day and act quickly if someone becomes unwell by sending them home and advising they have a coronavirus (COVID-19) test and seek medical advice.
For detailed information on staying safe:
- Read the latest advice and updates on the department’s coronavirus (COVID-19) website, specifically the Community Sector Plan.
- Contact the Victorian Men’s Shed Association for advice on 0408 465 228.
See the Getting Back to the Shed Guide, by the Australian Men’s Shed Association.
Men’s Shed Funding Program
On 21 April 2021 the Minister for Disability, Ageing and Carers, the Hon Luke Donnellan announced almost $900,000 in grants of up to $80,000 each, for the construction of new men’s sheds or the refurbishment or extension of existing sheds.
Applications for this funding round closed at 5pm on 14 July 2021.
Successful grant recipients were announced on 23 September 2021.
If you have any questions about the Men’s Shed Funding Program, please call (03) 8633 4765 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Support for Men’s Sheds payments
Through the 2020 Men’s Shed Funding Program – Support for Men’s Sheds, payments of $2,300 were approved for 277 men’s sheds across Victoria.
These payments assist men’s sheds to meet their most urgent expenses and operate in a COVIDSafe manner.
Applications for this funding round closed at 5pm on 18 December 2020.
Victorian Men's Shed Association
The Victorian Government provides funding to the Victorian Men's Shed Association to provide leadership and capacity-building for men's sheds across Victoria.