Empowering communities through healthy and dignified food relief
Taskforce members have committed to working together through a shared vision to:
- improve the quality and accessibility of food relief
- create greater capacity to deliver food relief to people and communities in need.
These key principles will guide the taskforce’s work:
- Food relief is an essential service and should be accessible to all Victorians who need it.
- Dignified access to healthy, nutritious and culturally appropriate food is critical to the health and wellbeing of Victorians.
- An integrated food relief system ensures that:
- food relief activities are coordinated and efficient
- diverse approaches that target people and communities in need.
The Taskforce Action Plan has a series of priority projects to be completed while the taskforce is in operation. The taskforce will also develop recommendations for longer-term work across four areas of focus:
- robust system knowledge and the ability to direct responses to areas of need
- improved access to healthy and culturally appropriate food
- enhanced collaboration and effectiveness of the food relief system
- sustainable food supply, and improved viability and capacity across the food relief sector.
Find out more about the Food Relief Taskforce Action Plan (Word).